Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
As a leading global supplier of a comprehensive portfolio of products for commercial building performance solutions, Firestone Building Products takes the entire building envelope into consideration. Products include commercial roofing systems, roofing accessories, green roofing systems, daylighting systems, vegetative roofing systems, metal roofing systems and wall panels, insulation, cavity wall construction, pond liners and geomembranes, and stormwater management solutions.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Process Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing Product Development, Process Engineering, Compounding, and Uniformity sections of the Manufacturing Facility. Also assists the facility in improving performance through direct material cost reductions, abnormality improvements (waste, scrap, rework, grinding), development of new products, and data analysis.
· Supervise major problem solving activity, provide analysis and recommend corrective action alternatives.
· Review and authorize plant specifications and standard practices to define process standards.
· Implement BSA procedures and specifications to meet governmental regulations and customer requirements.
· Organize budget resources required to meet objectives.
· Plan projects to optimize productivity of product lines and achieve highest quality for the lowest cost.
· Support Plant Manager through development of reports, long range plans, analysis, etc.
· Interact with Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Production in the coordination and implementation of new products, design, changes, and/or equipment modifications to the manufacturing environment.
· Must solve difficult and unusual problems concerned with all phases of the manufacturing process, molding, and quality so that the plant objectives can be achieved.
· Direct, educate, and develop subordinates for optimum performance.
Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, Math, Chemical Engineering or other Technical Area Required PLUS 7-10 years of Manufacturing Experience in the Rubber-related industry to include 2-5 years management/supervisory experience and 5 years technical experience.