At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems and specialty products based on the specific results our customers need to achieve. Constantly looking at the big picture, we not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust.
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
A qualified candidate will be responsible for independently performing analytical tests to help solve R&D and manufacturing problems at the FSBP Global Technology Center (GTC). Incumbent may continue to learn additional skills but is typically specialized in multiple areas of the lab. Data analysis and the ability to manage multiple projects is required. Independent problem solving is an important attribute of this position.
The essential functions of this position could include, but are not limited to the following:
· Use a range of analytical equipment and software to carry out analytical experiments independently,
· Make sure that data is generated accurately and properly recorded,
· Analyze and interpret data with limited guidance,
· Write the reports and communicate the results to the requestors,
· Develop/validate new analytical methods under limited guidance,
· Continue to learn and develop new methods,
· Follow safety rules and regulations (SOP, PPE, etc.),
· Follows work standards and create work standards as needed,
· Complete work considering priority and turnaround goals,
· Support 5S and Lean activities,
· Must be proficient with MS Office,
· Experience with SharePoint,
· Ability to manage multiple projects.
Ph.D. degree in chemistry plus 2 years of related experience or Bachelors in chemistry plus five years of related experience
Two years of experience working in an analytical chemistry laboratory is required. Experience in a Lean culture is preferred, but not required