At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems and specialty products based on the specific results our customers need to achieve. Constantly looking at the big picture, we not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust.
Backed by the strength of a diversified multi-billion dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
Firestone Building Products is hiring an Estimating Services Manager reporting to the Director of Sales Operations that will lead a team of estimating specialists in roof project layout and cost estimating. The manager will develop, communicate, and execute strategies consistent with FSBP’s objective to deliver best in class service through customer focus and operational excellence
· Lead, develop, and evaluate a team of building products estimating specialists including quality control compliance on outgoing estimates, training specialists on layout and costing of multiple products, and establishing project priorities
· Develop process enhancements and coach specialist performance to drive incremental revenue and profits through the bid to order process
· Drive accuracy and response time improvements through process innovation and implementation
· Understand FSBP strategic direction and align team activities and metrics to execute and deliver against them
· Understand target markets, interdependencies between channel influencers/decision makers, and work collaboratively as member of sales team to drive share growth
· Create and foster a culture of BOSS-centric, action-oriented, collaborative teammates
· Continuously improve estimating processes through analysis of performance metrics and implementation of best practices
· Manage team through coaching, performance evaluations, regular cadence of 1-1 meetings, and continuous feedback loop.
· Monitor and communicate business trends & team performance to leadership
· Participate in corporate initiatives as assigned to enhance company capabilities, performance, and efficiency
· Collaborate effectively across functions on behalf of sales organization (including IT, finance, marketing, logistics, and planning) to implement process and system improvements to improve customer satisfaction, simplify work processes, and drive breakthrough growth.
· Provide guidance and opportunities for teammates to facilitate career planning
· Complete process audits and analysis at specific intervals to ensure alignment with business objectives
· BS/BA degree and 5 years relevant experience
· Excellent leadership skills with the ability to communicate and maintain positive relationships with all direct reports, customers, and teammates while delivering sales and service results
· Demonstrated ability to manage and measure teammates in high transaction volume work
· Proficiency with estimating and/or design software