Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
At Firestone Building Products, you can count on us for complete building performance solutions – from roots to rooftops. By taking the entire building envelope into consideration, we provide focused solutions for roofing systems, wall systems and specialty products based on the specific results our customers need to achieve. Constantly looking at the big picture, we not only deliver exceptionally performing building materials, but also the outstanding services, support, warranty and expertise – all backed by a brand you can trust.
This opportunity is located in Northwest Alabama along the Tennessee River in a two county region known as the Shoals. Nationally recognized for the Tennessee Valley Authority, and "Muscle Shoals music". Muscle Shoals is a thriving town in the heart of "The Shoals" and is known as a family-friendly place to live, work, and play. Muscle Shoals has an exceptional school system (grades K – 12).
Backed by the strength of a diversified multibillion-dollar corporation, we offer excellent career opportunities, competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit packages. And, with locations throughout North America, we are always looking for qualified candidates.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single-ply roofing membranes are among the fastest growing commercial roofing products and have gained broad industry acceptance for their many performance and installation advantages. As demand increases for heat-reflective and energy efficient roofing systems, TPO single-ply roofing membranes continue to provide exceptional resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure.
The Quality Manager is responsible for technical service/process control from incoming raw materials through shipment of product in this high growth segment of the roofing industry. Responsibilities include implementing a QMS system and leading the transition to the new ISO9001 standard.
Must be a leader in continuous improvement and able to establish a root cause problem solving culture.
Must be experienced in SPC, FMEA, Gauge R&R and capability studies.
Ensure the organization's Quality Management System conforms to internal, ISO 9001 and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Ensure evaluation of, and reporting on, quality systems.
- Oversee inspection (examination) of incoming materials, ensuring they meet requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization's products.
- Manage a team of lab technicians.
- Complex data collection and analysis to ensure finished goods conformity.
- Develop key metrics and report on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including root cause and counter measures.
- Conduct periodic management review meetings.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues and news with respect to product (service) quality.
4 year degree in Quality or related discipline; 2 years supervisor experience
Six Sigma certification preferred
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities: