Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will work to ensure sales orders flow cleanly to enable delivery of the right material to the right place at the right time to meet our customers' needs. Acting as the single point of contact for communications relating to customer sales orders, the CSR is the liaison between our outside sales representatives and our Operations teams and collaborates closely with the Materials Planning, Logistics & Transportation, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Billing Services to ensure successful execution of business. This role requires a sense of urgency and attention to detail to react to shifting job scope and timing in the building products industry.
· Deliver a high level of service and follow-up to Gaco Western’s customers
· Assist internal and external customers with pricing, availability, quoting, logistics and warranties
· Efficiently respond to customer calls and web inquiries, answer application questions and/or escalate to Sales, Technical Support, Lab or Management
· Collaborate with Production Scheduling, Accounts Receivable, Shipping/Logistics and Purchasing departments regarding customer requirements, sales orders and returns, as needed
· Provide product suggestions/alternates and add-on items when reviewing sales orders
· Enter customer orders/returns for business units (WallFoam, Direct, Dealer/Distributor)
· Prepare and coordinate daily shipping documents for regional warehouses
· Monitor regional warehouse inventory and initiate stock replenishment shipments
· Coordinate invoicing for consignment inventory customers
· Provide solutions and technical product support for end-users, retail consumers, dealers, etc.
· Ensure quality assurance procedures, processes and policies are followed
· Provide suggestions for continual improvement of processes
· Organize and maintain required paperwork, records and documentation